Natural products often have densely functionalized fused-skeletons with fewer aromatic rings and increased numbers of stereogenic centers. The increased proportion of sp3-centers induces diverse undulations on the surfaces and thereby allows specific molecular recognition with the biological targets. Inspired by the biosynthetic strategy featuring modular assembly and divergent cyclizations of reactive intermediates, we are systematizing synthetic strategies to gain rapid, modular, and divergent access to skeletally diverse natural products and their variants. Harnessing the untapped potential of mid-sized synthetic molecules, Oguri laboratory is exploring frontiers of natural product chemistry with integration of chemical biology, supramolecular chemistry, and molecular technology.
- 2020.12.25 Our Assistant Professor Ryo Tanifuji has been awarded "37th Inoue Research Award for Young Scientists". Congratulations on the award, and let's expect the continued success. "37th Inoue Research Award fpr Uping Scientists" http://www.inoue-zaidan.or.jp/b-01.html?eid=00045, School of Science the Universty of Tokyo, Public relations office https://www.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ja/info/7173/
- 2020.12.14 The full papers developed by Mr.Takahiro Shimizu(M2), Mr. Norito Takahashi(D3) appeared on Bioorg.Med.Chem Magazine. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0968089620307793 へのリンク This results in the gift of the collaboration researched by Professor Hiroyuki Nakamura(Tokyo Institute of Technology), Dr.Hiroyuki Komichi and Dr. Vincent J Huber(Oita University Institute of Advanced Medicine, Inc.),Dr. Atsushi Yoshimori(Institute for Theoretical Medicine, Inc.), Mr.Hiroyuki Seimiya(Chief of Japanese Foundation for Cancer Reserach).
- 2020.11.20 "Aiming for new development of natural product synthesis" at the 10th chem-station V Symposium 'The Philosophy of Natural Products Synthesis' is now uploaded on Youtube https://youtu.be/u2FWJhsa5kI ,in which our recent research projects are being introduced in digest version. (For the details, please refer to the original paper, or commentary article.)
- 2020.11.13 was invited to "The Japanese Society for Process Chemistry2020 Winter Symposium" to give a zoom lecture titled "In hopes of the development of Assembly line synthetic process with extended biosynthesis".http://cdsympo.com/process2020w/02.html
- 2020.10.29 honored to have an opportunity to give a zoom lecture titled
"Aiming for new development of natural product synthesis" at
the 10th chem-station V Symposium 'The Philosophy of Natural Products Synthesis'.https://www.chem-station.com/blog/2020/10/vs10.html . The video will be distributed by chemstation soon.
- 2020.10.23 was invited to give a lecture titled "Design, Synthesis and Self-assembly of Mid-sized Molecules Exploiting Natural Product Inspired Scaffolds" at the 6th International Symposium on Middle Molecular Strategy(ISMMS-6) http://www.middle-molecule.jp/
- 2020.10.1 Mieko Kato joined the laboratory as a secretary
- 2020.9.17 JOC papers reported by Dr.Reddy, Mr. Takahashi, Mr. Matsuoka, and Ms. Koi has been highlighted in Synfacts Magazine vol.10.https://www.thieme-connect.de/products/ejournals/html/10.1055/s-0040-1705906
- 2020.7.2 The full papers developed by Bonepally Karunakar Reddy(Ph.D.), Mr.Norihito Takahashi, Mr.Naoya Matsuoka, and Ms. Hikari Koi appeared on J.Org.Chem Magazine. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.joc.0c01017 This results in the gift of the collaboration for many years researched by Hideaki Oikawa(Professor of Hokkaido University), Masato Iwatsuki(Associate Professor of Kitasato University), Satory Onuma(Special Honorary Professor of Kitasato University) and Dr. Nobutaka Kato of Broad Institute.
- 2020.6.26 The communications presented by Ms. Hikari Koi and Mr. Norihito Takahashi appeared on Org.Biomol Chem Magazine. https://pubs.rsc.org/ko/content/articlelanding/2020/ob/d0ob00919a#!divAbstract This is the collabotative research results of Satoru Karasawa(Professor of Showa Pharmaceutical University) and Hiroyuki Seimiya(Cheif of Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research).
- 2020.6.16 Ryo Tanifuji has been appointed to an Assistant Professor at the University of Tokyo. Let's expect the further success.
- 2020.4.1 Professor Hiroki Oguri has been appointed to the National Products Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, School of Science, the University of Tokyo.